Friday, April 5, 2013

THE WALL OF SOUND (OR WALL OF HAIR)



 If you have been a long time listener of the show, then you know that I went through a pretty extensive Phil Spector phase a few years back when I read the amazing book 'Tearing Down The Wall Of Sound: The Rise and Fall of Phil Spector' by Mick Brown. He is someone that is easy to struggle with - I love his music but find him as a person to be horrific, but yet I can't turn away. Last night I caught the first hour of this documentary on BBC - and you simply have to watch it. It is from 2009 and his murder trial is a central part of the documentary, but his interviews are riveting to watch. This is two hours long but you won't be glancing
at your watch at all - although you may find yourself looking away from those crazy eyes!!


                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment