Sunday, June 23, 2013

I CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW RICKY JAY DOES IT


I spent my last day of vacation in the Twin Cities going to record stores and seeing movies.  The first movie was Before Midnight, and I loved it.  If you're a fan of the first two films in this series, then you will be pleased with how this one turned out.  I went to it at The Uptown, which wasn't as disappointing as the last time I went, but it was still overpriced and it still has those stupid reserved seats.

The second film I went to was Deceptive Practice: The Mysteries and Mentors of Ricky Jay.  I first discovered Ricky Jay through his appearances in Boogie Nights and Magnolia, and then later on discovered that he is a legendary magician.  Not like a David Copperfield theatrical guy, but a master of close up magic.  He can do things with a deck of cards that will make your head spin.

I'm posting a couple of TV specials he did, as well as some random clips.  Watch and be amazed.  I don't know how he does it.

Shyboy

P.S.: The third film was Now You See Me.  Meh.


No comments:

Post a Comment